Rialacha na Feise – Feis Rules – Regole della gara
1 This Feis is open to persons who are registered as teachers (in any category) with An Coimisuin and to registered Ceili Clubs.
2. Age will be taken on 1st January 2018 (Whatever age you turn in 2018, you dance under that age, e.g. your date of birth is 16th April 2008, you dance Under 10 all year long).
3. Beginner and Primary levels are open to all regions.
4. If a beginner competition has 6 competitors or more, the first 2 places advance to the next grade regardless of ties. If a beginner competition has 11 competitors or more, the first 3 places advance to the next grade regardless of ties (RTME ruling, Sept. 2007).
5. If a Primary competition has 6 or more dancers, the first place advances to the next grade, If a Primary competition has 11 competitors or more, the first 2 places advance to the next grade regardless of ties (RTME ruling, Jun. 2011).
6. Blind Treble reel comp.52, 52a,52b is open to intermediate/Open level, dancers will dance 16 bars step down the line.
6.1 Treble reel comp.37, 37a,37b is open to Beginner/Primary level, dancers will dance 16 bars Step down the line Free Style.
(Therefore use of hands and nontraditional dance wear are permitted).
7. Intermediate Grade competitions are open to all dancers who have not previously won first prize for that particular dance in Intermediate or Open Grade under the same or higher age limits. If a dancer from Mainland Europe wins in Intermediate, they must advance into open for the remainder of that calendar year. If they do not win in Open, they may return to Intermediate at the beginning of the next calendar year (RTME ruling, Sept. 2007).
8. Trophy competitions will be a light or heavy shoe dance at Beginner/Primary/Intermediate level. Dancers will dance 16 bars down the line in their chosen dance.
9.The Adults Modern set Comp. 107, is a competition open to Dancers Who participate in Adult Competitions & Adults Open Championship
10. All Beginner, Primary and Intermediate solo competitions (excluding trophy competitions) will dance to 32 bars down the line.
11. Open Championships Comp.101, 102, 103, 104, will be judged by Three adjudicators, as two solos and then an overall result. Dancers will be required to dance 48 bars of music for the Reel & Heavy Jig and 40 for Slip Jig & Hornpipe & Modern Set. If there are more than 10 in the competition there may be a recall for the Modern Set round.
11a. Open Championships Comp.100, dancers will be required to dance 1st round Reel or Slip Jig, 2nd round Light Jig or Heavy Jig, and 3rd round Modern set or Trad. Set.
11b. Adult Open Championships Comp.105 & 106, will be judged by Three adjudicators, dancers will be required to dance 32 bars of music for Light & Heavy Round, & Traditional Set. These competitions are open to Intermediate\Open dancers who have never won a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in Open Championship level and to dancers not Participating in a full Open Championship at the same feis. ( Salzburg 2012). If there are more than 10 in the competition there may be a recall for the Traditional Set round.
12. Traditional Set Dance competitions are a choice out of 7 traditional, St. Patrick’s Day, Blackbird, Job of Journeywork, Garden of Daisies, King of the Fairies, Jockey to the Fair & Three Sea Captains. If you win a first place in any traditional set dance competition, you move on the next Level in all 7 traditional.
13. Where there are five dancers or less for Beginner, Primary and Intermediate competitions, the results will not affect their grading.
14. The Feis organizers will use 40 bars for 2-hands and 3-hands and lead, body and the first figure for 4-hands and 8-hands.
15. Music will be played at the recognized Mainland European speeds.
16. Team dances (four hands and upward) must be performed in accordance with the An Coimisiún handbook “Ar Rinci Ceili”.
17. Within the limits specified in the Rules of An Coimisiún the organizers may at their discretion cancel or mixed competitions with insufficient entries.
18. Objections must be lodged in writing within one hour of the announcement of the result of a competition accompanied by a fee of €50.
18.1. The use of video and/or digital cameras in the hall is not permitted, except in beginner & Primary competitions (CRLG Ruling Dec.2011).
19. Competitors must be in costume and ready to dance 30 minutes before their competitions are scheduled to start.
20. Feis organizers cannot accept any liability for injuries sustained or for the loss of, or damage to property or belongings which may occur during the Feis.
21. The adjudicator’s decision is final.
22. The lodgement of an entry will be taken to mean that a teacher and their pupils understand these rules and undertake to abide by them.
23. No refunds will be made.
24. En Pointe/block work is not permitted for dancers up to and including the Under 12 age group.
25. Makeup will not be permitted for any dancer in the first two grades up to and including the Under 12 age group worldwide.
26. The dress code in accordance with An Coimisiun rules will be strictly observed i.e. for the sake of modesty, and in the interest of safety to young people dancers will not be permitted to walk around the Feis scantily dressed.
27. Ceili Dance competitions 53 are a choice of 12 dances, Rakes of Mallow, Siege of Ennis, Siege of Carrick, The Bridge of Athlone, Harvest Time Jig, Waves of Tory, Walls of Limerick, Bonfire Dance, An Rince Mor, Glencar Reel, Antrim Reel, Rince Fada.
28. 4 Hand & 6/8 Hand Ceili Club competitions 34 & 35b must be performed in accordance with the An Coimisiún handbook “Ar Rinci Ceili”. The Competition is Open to all ages and to all dancers who participate in Ceili Club competitions & DO NOT participate in Solo competitions, however as a Special concession 1 person per Team who participates in solo competitions may be included in the Ceili Club Team (after informing the local Organiser).
29. Ceili Club competitions 36a is a choice of follow dances, Rakes of Mallow, Siege of Ennis, Siege of Carrick, The Bridge of Athlone, Harvest Time Jig, Waves of Tory, Walls of Limerick, Bonfire Dance, An Rince Mor, Glencar Reel, Antrim Reel, Rince Fada, Haste to the Wedding, The Competition is Open to all ages and to all dancers who DO NOT participate in Solo competitions, however as a Special concession 1 person per Team who participates in solo competitions may be included in the
Ceili Club Team ( after informing the local Organiser).
29.1 Ceili Dance competitions 36 is a choice of follow dances, Rakes of Mallow, Siege of Ennis, Siege of Carrick, The Bridge of Athlone, Harvest Time Jig, Waves of Tory, Walls of Limerick, Bonfire Dance, An Rince Mor, Glencar Reel, Antrim Reel, Rince Fada, Haste to the Wedding.
30. The Regina Bromley Memorial Trophy is a special competition only open to all of the winners of the Beginner/Primary Trophies. U22 & O22
31. Female adult dancers participating in competitions entitled ‘adult competition’ and/or ‘adult grade competition’ (both solo and team) are required to wear opaque black tights of a denier not less than 70.
Milan Feis Entries 2018
Solo Competitions 5.00 Euro
Team Competitions 4.00 Euro
* Special Trophies 6.50 Euro
Open championships 25.00 Euro
(* Beginner and Primary Trophy, Traditional Set, Treble reel)
DOOR ENTRANCE € 5 A PERSON . Dancers are free.
Online registration only by teachers
Registration can be done by using the registration system Feisbase (an internet based application to register dancers online). To be able to register your dancers you will first have to send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, address and name of dance school., you will then receive an e-mail with further details on how to register your dancers.
Entries to be received no later than Sunday 13 May 2018
PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE TO
AICS THE TARA SCHOOL OF IRISH DANCING
*****PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE CHANGED BANKS, PLEASE USE THE DETAILS BELOW.
AICS THE TARA SCHOOL OF IRISH DANCING
Account (conto) 103560504
IBAN – IT90T0200820700000103560504
SWIFT – UNCRITM1D08
Please note that cheques will NOT be accepted.